Close Date: August 29, 2016
Department: Buttercross Health Centre
Primary Care GP, Buttercross Health Centre, Somerton
Looking for a new way of working as a GP?
We have exciting bespoke opportunities designed to meet your specific professional and personal requirements:
The South Somerset Symphony Project is at the cutting edge of developing new and effective models of patient care and with the benefit of national ‘Vanguard’ support and funding, coupled with a wide and varied range of job roles.
This provides the opportunity for General Practitioners to work with us in designing their next job role, preferred working arrangements and a tailored benefits package to meet their own professional and personal requirements as part of the programme we are looking for a permanent GP to join the team at Buttercross Health Centre, in Somerton
This is an innovative new role, where you will work as part of the Enhanced Primary Care programme that is already being successfully operated in 13 GP Practices across south Somerset. The EPC model has set up new models of care that include new, innovative support and specialist healthcare roles that enable the GP to focus their clinical time on the most complex patients and use their specialist skills and knowledge in the most efficient way.
We are now recruiting GPs who want to use and advance their skills, experience and clinical interests in new ways across primary and acute care, making a real difference to patients today and informing the way the NHS evolves for the future.
Working for Symphony Healthcare Services will enable you to concentrate on patient care, whilst the support from a larger organisation will help practices to maintain a sustainable healthcare team and help with some of the daily operational talks including HR, IT and administration.
There is also the opportunity for you, if you wish, to have an extended role working across one or more other areas including the Complex Care Hub or within Acute Specialties, i.e. pediatrics, emergency medicine, acute medicine or care of the elderly, or in research and development, education and training, public health etc. Opportunities are available for you, if you wish, to undertake a combination of these as part of a developing your own personal portfolio.
As well as these professional opportunities at the forefront of patient care, we can also offer a wide range of benefits tailored to your requirements including:
- Full time or part time/sessional flexible working to suit your needs
- Permanent, temporary, term time, or sessional opportunities
- Manageable workload and great work-life balance
- A rewarding and competitive salary + bonus/performance incentives
- Payment of MDU fees
- BMA salaried GP contract and terms and conditions of service, including;
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Occupational sick pay
- Support for professional development and protected time for CPD
- Full NHS Pension
- Financial assistance with relocation and/or temporary accommodation
- Opportunities to pursue special interests
- Child care support
- IT equipment (lap top, iPad, iPhone)
- Support with securing opportunities in healthcare for any members of your family/your partner who may also be looking for job opportunities in Somerset
- The opportunity to live and work in one of the most beautiful areas of the country with good transport links to cities in the south west, and to London. We will work with you to design the job role and package to best suit your needs. If there is anything else that is important to you in either your career or personal requirements, let us know and we will do our best to accommodate these.
Buttercross Health Centre is a modern, purpose built, spacious health centre and has been one of the first practices to lead the way in developing the Enhanced Primary Care model to it’s 4901 patients and is situated in Somerton, a traditional, bustling market town in south Somerset.
We have an enthusiastic Patient Participation Group who meet regularly and have supported the practice over a number of years by ensuring the patient’s voice is always heard, as well as maintaining close links between the practice and the local community. The practice is well known and highly regarded in the community and has an interesting demography breakdown with 13.7% of the registered population aged 0-14 years old, which is lower than the rest of Somerset at 18.9% and 15.0% of the registered population who are aged 75 years and over which is much higher than the Somerset average of 10.4%.
- Effective work-life balance
- Good working environment – new premises, good parking facilities
- Opportunities available for development of clinical skills and leadership/management skills
- Part of a new model of care ‘Vanguard’ project, incorporating health coaches, mental health workers and musculoskeletal practitioners into primary care
An attractive package is on offer to work in a friendly practice, as well as the opportunity to develop your skills in areas of your clinical interest.
Salary negotiable according to experience.
Informal visits are welcome , or for more information about the practice visit: www.buttercrosshc.nhs.uk
View the job description here: Enhanced Primary Care GP Job Description -Buttercross Health Centre
For more information , or to discuss your skills and experience please contact Sue Oliver, Head of HR, Symphony Healthcare Services,
by email: email@example.com ,or call 01935 384415.